Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Burj Khalifa

Well these last few days have been very slow and lazy for the most part. Outside of my daily gym time, I've been sleeping a lot and watching too much BBC and CNN. LOL

As I prepare to leave Dubai, I made the obligatory trip to the Burj Khalifa finally. Anyone who visits Dubai must see the tallest tower in the world and the surrounding Dubai Mall. The tower is well over 800m tall and the mall is one of the largest in the world...it has a 10 story parking garage for one of its car parks.




 It's the tallest building in the world on three different accounts, measures set by a "board of tall building people" ... not the official name, but something like that.

 Chicago's contribution to the tall building activity has long ago been surpassed. It was fun while it lasted. 

 Dubai mall from above. It's huge, oh and it's 4 stories tall for the entire mall.

 "The Address" fancy over priced hotel.
 I'm on the 124th floor, and this is looking up! There is still a lot more tower to go! 36 more floors to be exact, and then there's the spire. If one looks closely you can see the spire in the center at the top.

 This was on the outdoor observation deck. I found it very interesting that this gap in the window was open air! Haven't see that on a "super tall tower" before. *that's the actual category name for this tower.
 More of the city, desert and the gulf!


 The Dubai fountain from above, amazing at night. Bellagio has nothing on Dubai!


 Amazing green screen pictures, I was too cheap. I was going to do a yoga pose on this thing. :)
 Shot of the 10 story parking garage at the Dubai mall.

 This is another hotel very close the Burj. It's so big you can see it along with the Burj from miles away!

 This is for mom. This Toyota building used to be one of the only building in Dubai! 40 years ago it and the two roads next to it made up the skyline. My how things have changed!
 Looking down from the 124th floor.
 Over prices villas and shops near the Burj.


Well aside from closing up shop in Dubai I have been planning my return to the US. My flight leaves on Jan 28. I will be back in Chicago by 17:00. I have then planned a trip to the UNI job fair in Waterloo, IA. It's an overseas job fair, where more than 100 schools show up and offer jobs and interviews to people attending. I have several schools on my list to check out and possible interview with. Who knows it may bring me back to Dubai, or somewhere else totally different on the globe. All and all I think it will be good to go back to the US for little while and attempt to sort out this part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment