Monday, December 3, 2012

Dune Bashing!

One Alison's friends offered to take us on a Safari, looking for adventure I said of course!
Well the description didn't match what this American knows as a Safari, but I was still interested. This trip in the desert was more what I know to be dune bashing, or basic craziness of driving like nothing matters with your 4x4 into the desert sand. Sure enough that was what I experienced. The road ended and the sane begun like it was no big deal. Take this road to that road, turn left at the roundabout and the pavement ends and the sand begins. For the next four hours or so we would drive up and down, around and over that cliff of sand and up the next one. These guys (drivers) put their trucks through hell for entertainment, and I loved every minute of it! :)
They got stuck a few times, but since they do this as a group there is always someone near by to rescue a driver stuck in the sand. This is something I'm very interested in if I stick around and make a life for myself here in Dubai/UAE.







 When we did get moving again...this was a lot of fun. Look at the slope we are about to go down!








 Some times nature fights back!


No comments:

Post a Comment