Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Finalist for best teach abroad blog

I just received an email from Greg at teacher port, he informed me that my blog was a finalist for the best teaching abroad blog for 2012. While I didn't make the final short list, it's still nice to know that someone is reading my blog and finding useful, or at least entertaining!

They asked that I include this badge to show my finalist status:
http://teacherport.com
http://teacherport.com




I will continue to write honestly and completely as my life in the UAE unfolds. I wish someone before me would have written honestly about their experiences. Coming from the US where most systems of trade and education are pretty set and functioning (no comment on how well) it's a much different world over here. As one can imagine a place that has only been a country for 41 years still has a lot to figure out for their people. They have an excellent start, but there is still a lot to come here. For me a major adjustment is the culture. So many things to get used to.

Thanks Greg and staff at Teacher Port for recognizing my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment